Calgary Floods...

edited June 2013 in General
Hey, Grrr, if you read these boards from time to time, post and let us know if you were caught up in the floods. I kinda recall you lived in Calgary, but that may be wrong.  :)

Arlaine

Comments

• I *think* he's in Ottawa unless that changed at some point.

If he is indeed in Ottawa, here is an alternative topic for discussion: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2013/06/22/ottawa-excellent-historic-strawberry-crop.html

-Ekdar
  • Well.... I'll give you a heads up, but it looks like this site gets used even less than the first two we had.

I am indeed in Ottawa, so no worry about floods.

I was happily back and playing in Jan and Feb... after I got a new used monitor from my brother-in-law after my other one died.

Until one day in the middle of february I decided it was time to reboot the old pc. After failing and trying to start up 3 times, I actually watched as my power supply literally fried before my eyes.

Since I left my dead-end, crap job 5 years ago, it's been quite the roller coaster.

So financially, things have been tight the last year, to the point I can't afford a new pc. Yeah, I could get a new power supply cheaper, but I WAS expecting that I would be able to afford a new pc when my tax return came in and saw no point in investing any money fixing up a pc that I desperately needed to replace anyway.

Unfortunately, the company I was working for had finished the job I was working on and haven't been able to acquire any new contracts. I was laid off end of May. I had expectations that I would return to work with them, but it has not yet come to pass, so the time to look for other work is at hand.

I would have posted something here sooner, but I did not know the website address off-hand. But today (Sept 23) I received an email from Blizz giving me a 7 day free trial to return. I decided to see if this laptop could even run WoW (which I had discounted back in February). 'Lo and behold, it can... sort of. I doubt it could handle a raid... probably not even an instance.

But I was able to get the address, pop in, and post this to update you guys.

I'm dying to get back, and it WILL comes to pass at some point. I just hope DS keeps on keeping on till I can return permanently.

Anyway, you will probably see me in game the next few days.

Grrr - it's not just a name, it's an attitude!

• edited September 2013
    Man, yeah. I poke around from time to time, still have not found the motivation to re-up my subscription, maybe I'll do the 7 day thing too.

That is a bummer about your economic situation.

And grr, it's like creepy ESP. It has been awhile since I was on here, and what are the odds it would be right after a post?
  • You guys are up at crazy hours of the night...

I'm glad that no one's house/possessions were destroyed by a flood.  Good to hear from "ya''ll" -- maybe see you in game.

You can, by the way, enable email notifications in preferences so that you don't need to manually check the site every year. :)

• And that would be useful - if I ever checked my email