The Amazing Dragonstar Race

edited April 2012 in World of Warcraft

I've been teasing it through the Message of the Day all weekend, and here is the big announcement!

The Amazing Dragonstar Race                        

There are a lot of events looming on the horizon that will affect interest in World of Warcraft. I'll be frank in stating that I continue to play World of Warcraft because I love our community. In an effort to combat summer doldrums, Diablo III, and the general malaise associated with the end on an expansion cycle, I have developed the first of what I hope will be a series of fun community events. I realize thinking something like this can combat vacations and new games is wishful thinking, but I need to try.

The Amazing Dragonstar Race (it really needs a snazzier name) is based on the television show. Small team sof players take on timed races involving a number of tasks to be completed along the way. I have not finished hammering out every last detail, but I can give you a solid concept. Right now it's about the consistency of hour-old concrete.

• One leg per week during the month of May (four legs)
  • Teams will consist of three unique players (as opposed to unique accounts)
  • Team will be accompanied by a race official (anyone want to
    officiate with me?)
  • Standings for each individual race-leg based in part on time
    and in part on tasks
  • Standings for individual race-legs will earn points toward an overall champion
  • Individual race-legs will have small prizes
  • The overall competitions will win something a little more substantial
  • Modes of travel will be determined per each leg-race
Even though I am still working on details, I can give you
the following information about the race-legs...
  • Leg 1 – The Desolace Dash – Tue May 01 thru Mon May 07
  • Leg 2 – Storming the Peaks – Tue May 08 thru Mon May 14
  • Leg 3 – The Deepholm Drag – Tue May 15 thru Mon May 21
  • Leg 4 – The Lordaeron Triathlon – Tue May 22 thru Mon May 28
I'm hoping this keep guild morale (and maybe attendance) up during what would normally be a down time. Any concerns, flames, and general unhappiness should be directed to Grrr via a personal conversation.
—Gallatin

Comments

• Cool, Gallatin.  Sounds like fun.  Thanks for setting this up. 

LF Partner TADR.  PST.